Updated: Dec 18, 2020
Are you feeling stressed and run down? What do you do to relax?
Everyone has genius in them but unfortunately in today's busy society and life we are all under so much pressure to perform better, finish work quicker, get more done, always be on the go and available and to do all of that with never ending energy. We all put ourselves under so much pressure it is no wonder that so many of us are getting dis-eases and illnesses and are constantly feeling run down and tired.
We all need some downtime to get our thoughts back in order and mainly to relax and recharge. Below are some of the things that I do to relax and recharge which you can do for free!
1. Meditation - I try to do this each morning and each night before I go to bed. I do a 10 minute meditation in the morning and then I will usually do a guided mediation in the evening. I use YouTube to find meditation videos but there are great meditation apps as well, 2 of the apps and websites I like are Deepak Chopra's Meditation Centre or Headspace, I used this app that I used when I first started meditating.
A few of the You Tube meditations I am listening to at the moment are the Quiet Mind 10 minute meditation (this is music only), The guided Sleepy Vacation meditation (this is a great one to listen to if you're having trouble sleeping) and Find the Real You guided meditation. But there are 100's of different videos available on You Tube if you do a search and find one that resonates and feels right to you.
2. Start a journal - I have a gratitude journal that I write in every morning and every morning it makes me thankful for everything that I have in my life already (you really start to notice all of the great things that you have and that are happening when you consciously sit and think about it).
I also write what I want in life and what my goals are in this journal as well. You can have as many or as little things here as you want and they can be anything from what you want to happen that week to what dream house or dream car you are going to own or what dream holiday you want to go on. Put as much detail into this as you can, for instance if you have an idea of what your dream house would be create the rooms, what would you like in your garden (if you want a garden), what decor would you have, how would the kitchen, living room, bathroom and your bedroom look. If you would like a new car, what gadgets would you like it to have? This is such a great mood booster for me. There is a great book called Live your ideal life by Rich Pryn that takes you through this step by step if you would like some ideas or a guide to get you started.
3. Go for a walk - In nature if it's possible for you. I live in the UK so the weather doesn't always permit this! But if I need to clear my head a walk around my local park or nature reserve always makes me feel better and re-energised.
4. Get lost in a book - Not everyone enjoys reading and that's great as it makes us all individuals however I love reading and when life gets stressful, when I can, I love to get lost in a good book. I don't have a particular genre or type of book that I always read, if something interests me I will read it.
5. Put your favourite song on full blast and have a good dance (if you have neighbours that live close to you maybe use your earphones so that you don't end up with complaints) - If I need an energy boost or I want something to make me feel good I put my favourite uplifting songs on full blast (I won't list them here as everyone has different music tastes so what works for me might not work for you) and I dance around my living room as if I don't have a worry in the world. This really works well for me and always puts a smile on my face!
6. Have a relaxing warm/hot bath - I set up candles round my bathroom and then put relaxing music on and soak all of that days worries and troubles away. I like to do this after a long and stressful day at work as it gets me into the right mind set for a deep relaxing sleep instead of trying to go straight to bed and then laying there all night going over everything that's happened that day and my never ending to do list!
These are just a few of the things that I do to relax, I will keep adding go this list as and when I think of other things I do. What do you do to relax? Please share it in the comments below